Question Why did my computer monitors go black when running Cinebench?

EpicsGamer

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2015
Monitors lost signal when running Cinebench

Monitors lost signal when running cinebench

Hello,

so I was in Cinebench and ran a multi core test. About 5 minutes in my monitors go black and say no signal. My mouse and keyboard were un responsive. Holding the power button did nothing to turn pc off and I had to flip the power supply switch.

I have had this pc for months with no issues the only new upgrade is a rtx 4070 I just got a week ago. I was running a overclock of 200mhz core clock and 1000mhz memory clock. After disabling the core clock after the PC booted back up I re ran the test again with no gpu overclock and had no issues.

I am unsure if a gpu overclock can cause this or not as this is the first time I have ever done a overclock but my games all run fine even a TimeSpy stress test no issues.

Should I re run the test again on Cinebench with OC and see if it does it again or could this be a driver issue since the 4070 is so new?? or is this something else?? Or a Cinebench issue??

SPECS:
Rtx 4070 FE
Ryzen 5900x
32gb ram 3200mhz
850watt psu gold

EDIT:
temps are fine gpu never goes above 55 when gaming and cpu is 35-50 idle and never above 65 when stress testing.

UPDATE: I did the OC and ran cineback 10 minute test and had no issues. I am very confused on what happened before and why and hope it was just a weird fluke one time thing.

Monitors lost signal when running Cinebench

Monitors lost signal when running cinebench

Hello,

so I was in Cinebench and ran a multi core test. About 5 minutes in my monitors go black and say no signal. My mouse and keyboard were un responsive. Holding the power button did nothing to turn pc off and I had to flip the power supply switch.

I have had this pc for months with no issues the only new upgrade is a rtx 4070 I just got a week ago. I was running a overclock of 200mhz core clock and 1000mhz memory clock. After disabling the core clock after the PC booted back up I re ran the test again with no gpu overclock and had no issues.

I am unsure if a gpu overclock can cause this or not as this is the first time I have ever done a overclock but my games all run fine even a TimeSpy stress test no issues.

Should I re run the test again on Cinebench with OC and see if it does it again or could this be a driver issue since the 4070 is so new?? or is this something else?? Or a Cinebench issue??

SPECS:
Rtx 4070 FE
Ryzen 5900x
32gb ram 3200mhz
850watt psu gold

EDIT:
temps are fine gpu never goes above 55 when gaming and cpu is 35-50 idle and never above 65 when stress testing.

UPDATE: I did the OC and ran cineback 10 minute test and had no issues. I am very confused on what happened before and why and hope it was just a weird fluke one time thing.
Cinebench 23 ? It doesn't test, bench or stress GPU, just CPU so you have to look at other problems while running it. Most likely system (Windows) locked up. it happens without any HW fault.
Run bechmarks imediatelly after a reboot.

EpicsGamer

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2015
Cinebench 23 ? It doesn't test, bench or stress GPU, just CPU so you have to look at other problems while running it. Most likely system (Windows) locked up. it happens without any HW fault.
Run bechmarks imediatelly after a reboot.
People on Reddit were telling me it’s my gpu overclock that caused the issue. But like you said cinebench doesn’t use the gpu. And I re ran the benchmark after boot up and had no issues so was this just some weird fluke?
Should I just let it go or should I investigate this further ?

People on Reddit were telling me it’s my gpu overclock that caused the issue. But like you said cinebench doesn’t use the gpu. And I re ran the benchmark after boot up and had no issues so was this just some weird fluke?
Should I just let it go or should I investigate this further ?
Run it few more times. as I said before. it must have been some system fault, check Event viewer, you can possibly find an explanation there.