[SOLVED] why did my cpu name change ?

xXsalutXx

Reputable
Jul 29, 2016
when using throttlestop and any other apps that can show you what cpu your pc is equiped with , my cpu's name was i5 9300h but today for some reason it turned into a i5 9300HF . Stupid question i know , since it doesn't change anything for me and i dont need the integrated graphic anyway but i found it strange that it changed on it's own and wanted to know if i should be concerned or not.

Solution
yeah but the problem is that i dont remember seeing the "F" when going to "system properties" on windows or when using throttlestop.

Yeah, but I have no idea if you're remembering correctly. All I know is what they sell; it's either an HF or it isn't; it's either an H or it isn't. If they only sell HF CPUs, it wouldn't matter if Windows thought you had a CPU named "barbecue sauce" in there.

xXsalutXx

Reputable
Jul 29, 2016
Shouldn't concern you but still very peculiar.

Since its H i know its a laptop, what model is it? maybe it was an F all along and you forgot.
lenovo l340 . it's supposed to have an i5 9300h (that's what they said on the website i bought it from) and im pretty sure it didn't have an F but yeah maybe i didn't pay enough attention to the name and based my self on the website's description and didn't read it entierly (on my pc).

DSzymborski

Titan
yeah but the problem is that i dont remember seeing the "F" when going to "system properties" on windows or when using throttlestop.

Yeah, but I have no idea if you're remembering correctly. All I know is what they sell; it's either an HF or it isn't; it's either an H or it isn't. If they only sell HF CPUs, it wouldn't matter if Windows thought you had a CPU named "barbecue sauce" in there.

Reactions: xXsalutXx
Solution