Why did my electric bill bumped up?

Charlise

Reputable
May 8, 2015
My electric bill went up very high after I've used my newly built pc in moderation, the specs are as follows:

INTEL CORE i3-4170
ASROCK H97M ANNIVERSARY
GSKILL RIPJAWS X 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz
PALIT GTX750TI STORMX DUAL 2GB GDDR5 128BIT
WESTERN 1TB BLUE 720RPM
KINGSTON 120GB SSD
CORSAIR VS450

I also have a 20" 1080p monitor, so I am very confused why did my electric bill went up in such a short period of time? Do I have some mistakes in my build? I have checked other things that might be the cause but there's none so I guess my pc consumes a lot. Does Intel really eats up so much power?

Solution

I doubt that this is the source of your increased electricity bill - for a PC to cause a gigantic change in your electric bill, you need to be...

Charlise

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Nah, I have an old pc here but does not consume much power. Sad to say, I don't know any reason behind this.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I doubt that this is the source of your increased electricity bill - for a PC to cause a gigantic change in your electric bill, you need to be bitcoin mining or something else involving running at full load for an obscene amount of time. Are you sure that a greater number of kilowatt hours is the source of the change in your electric bill? If it is, something else is likely to blame.

Solution