Question Why did my laptop battery fail so early ?

Zahrahed

Prominent
Jul 24, 2022
When I first bought my second-hand laptop, the battery was fine. The battery wear level was at zero, it charged up in about one hour and could last for a good 4 hours. The only thing wrong with it was that the remaining time estimated by the Windows was notably inaccurate and the battery would suddenly die at around 50 percents.
After a while the wear percentage started to arise gradually and after only one month of using my laptop the battery failed. The battery light started to blink rapidly, the bios says I have to replace it and my laptop can only be used while plugged in.

Recently I have also noticed that the fan makes noises sometimes and the power usage of some applications like windows applications and web browsers are way too high.
I wanna know is there a way to revive the battery or at least could I be sure that there was a problem with the battery and not my laptop, and it wouldn't wear out as early if I buy a new one?
By the way I have a dell latitude 5590.

Zahrahed

Prominent
Jul 24, 2022
When was the last time you recalibratted the battery?

A battery with zero wear on a second hand laptop doesn't sound right, was the battery a brand-new replaccement?
When was the last time you recalibratted the battery?

A battery with zero wear on a second hand laptop doesn't sound right, was the battery a brand-new replaccement?
I recalibrated it in the first days of buying it.
I'm not sure but I guess that the battery was replaced.