Question Why did my laptop stop sending a video signal through the USB Type-C port after I turned it off and on again?

Sep 8, 2024
I use a USB Type-C to HDMI adapter, which is connected to a capture card, as I need the HDMI input on my laptop for the monitor. My PC recognizes the adapter but doesn't send the video signal.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if there are any devices flagged with a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. Ofc I'm assuming you're on Windows OS since you only provided two lines worth of info, devoid of your laptop's make, model and SKU as well as the adapter you're using as well as the monitor you're working with.

Sep 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if there are any devices flagged with a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. Ofc I'm assuming you're on Windows OS since you only provided two lines worth of info, devoid of your laptop's make, model and SKU as well as the adapter you're using as well as the monitor you're working with.
I already checked the device manager and there is no yellow symbol. I have windows 11, and it is an omen 16-b1xxx, the adapter I use is from the hama brand, and it is type c to hdmi. My intention is to connect a second monitor to the adapter, since I only have one HDMI input, at first it worked until I turned off the PC and when I turned it on it stopped transmitting the video image