Question Why did my PC stop recognizing my DisplayPort Monitor?

Mar 25, 2020
I had a two monitor setup, one HDMI, one DP, and it was working fine. Today I briefly turned off the primary (DP) monitor via the monitors power button, and seconds later turned it back on. Ever since I can't get it to show up at all when plugged in via the displayport.

System details:
AMD Ryzen 5 3400g with integrated Vega 11 graphics.
ASRock Steel Legend ATX Mobo with 1 HDMI and 1 DP output.
My primary monitor is an Acer KG271 Cbmidpx 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor and has a DP and HDMI input.
My secondary monitor is an Acer SB220Q and has HDMI and VGA inputs.

The primary monitor works fine via HDMI btw. The only reason I'm not satisfied with that is I don't have any way to connect both my monitors via HDMI at the same time.

Testing the cable and the ports via process of elimination is a problem since I don't have any other monitors with DP input, I don't have any other computers with DP output, and I only have the one DP cable.... And given the general quarantine my area is under these items wouldn't be easily or quickly acquired.

Solutions attempted:
Quick restart of PC.
Long restart of PC with full power off and cable disconnect letting it sit powered down for several minutes.
Plugging only the affected monitor in and restarting.
Updating the CPU/GPU drivers to the latest version from AMDs website.
Plugging both monitors in and checking the device manager (second monitor doesn't even show up).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm working from home for the foreseeable future and it's going to be really unpleasant without a secondary monitor.
Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS