Question Why did the price of the Ryzen 2700x jump up?

lynx1021

Distinguished
I was going to do a new build and I am kicking myself for not buying a 2700X when it was $159. Now it is back up to $224 or more. I is it the crorona virus causing this or demand? The 2700x was recommended to me as the best bang for the buck. At that price I may spend a little more and get a 3600X.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Well I read you shouldn't buy the CPU and motherboard until you are ready to build incase there were problems with them and you needed to RMA them. I was supposed to have surgery when they were on sale but it was pushed forward. I thought they would go on sale again like the Samsung EVO 1TB SSD, I watched it till it came down to $119 and snagged it. The 2700x looks like a shortage.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Thanks, those are better than I am seeing online, I am about 80 miles east of Houston. I have to go there for surgery next week for a Knee replacement, I will be recovering in Cleveland TX at my brothers, I might get him to get one for me, about 50 miles north of Houston. I wish they would do online, shows instore only.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
coronavirus, China took 2 weeks new year break. Usually they ramp up production to over 100% to make up for the new year holiday but this year they didn't ramp up, instead lot of factories completely halt production because of coronavirus. production is only back at something like 30%. Right now the inventories are keeping the prices stable but as soon as inventories run out everything will be going up in price.
watch this video form Linus
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPoPwrQwm_g&t=1s

GorillaMonsoon

Reputable
Feb 29, 2020
I was going to do a new build and I am kicking myself for not buying a 2700X when it was $159. Now it is back up to $224 or more. I is it the crorona virus causing this or demand? The 2700x was recommended to me as the best bang for the buck. At that price I may spend a little more and get a 3600X.
I don't think it was the virus at least for the Ryzen CPU's. AMD put the 2000 series chips on sale to make way for the new 3000. That said I built in Febuary and prices of all the other parts have been rising ever since.
If your patient enough look out for daily deals and flash sales at a bunch of different shops, as sites like PC Partpicker often miss those.