[SOLVED] Why did the Windows 10 update make my secondary ssd inaccessible?

feihung

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
In May 2021, I walked away from my computer and Windows automatically updated my computer while i was still in the middle of using it. When I got back, majority of my files were inaccessible on my secondary drive. My bootable drive seems ok. Able to boot. No blue screen issues. But I cannot download new files into the secondary drive. It stops. Help!!Both drives are SSD.

Solution
In May 2021, I walked away from my computer and Windows automatically updated my computer while i was still in the middle of using it. When I got back, majority of my files were inaccessible on my secondary drive. My bootable drive seems ok. Able to boot. No blue screen issues. But I cannot download new files into the secondary drive. It stops. Help!!Both drives are SSD.

Did you check the second drive's data and power cables?

If you enter the Bios, do you see all the drives there?

Did you check the second drive's data and power cables?

If you enter the Bios, do you see all the drives there?

Solution

feihung

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
My computer is a laptop. I'll recheck to see the drive is seated correctly but i doubt that is the problem since it is secured with screws and a mount. I'll check the Bios too.