Question Why do all my games freeze then fail to boot!!!

judedalla

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
Hey so this issue only came about recently where some of my games including rust, csgo and even a poker app i use will freeze so i end task then with no background tasks associated with it running i try to reboot the app and it just on the starting screen freezes. Only way to be able to play the game again is for me to restart my PC.

Specs: windows 10 64bit
rtx 2080ti
i9-9900k
500mb nvme ssd
1 tb hdd
asus maximus hero xi
corsiar 850w psu

Ralston18

Titan
Boot your system.

The use either Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Try both but only one at time.

Observe the system while idling (doing nothing), then observe while doing light work or browsing, lastly observe while gaming.

You will need to leave the observation window open and dragged aside to watch while you test.

Look for some resource that is being heavily used (%) and what is using that resource.

Remember you can sort the data by clicking the column headers.

Reliability History may also be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the freezes.

judedalla

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
Yeah ill have a look in reliability history but as far as a resource issue i hav ehad this same isssue while playing poker. And this app takes up 5% gpu and cpu and i have monitored all resources before with no signs of failure.