Question why do all my games run perfectly well except fortnite?

Aug 22, 2022
I have a ryzen 5 3600x, mwe 650 gold rtx 2060 16gb ram, asus prime b550m-k. I have tried many fixes (running it on directx 11 or 12, I have my drivers updated completely, and I have deleted and reinstalled into different folders many times. I can play apex legends max settings getting 144 fps, along with many other games, I don’t understand why it’s only fortnite that’s crashing.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Your memory is not in XMP mode. Supposedly DDR4 3600, you are running at 2666. That would probably account for the sub-par GPU performance, not enough bandwidth between CPU memory and GPU memory.

Now if you are having issues getting your CPU to run that memory above 2666 that is another matter. 3200 at least should be doable.

Your RAM is a problem looks like a problem, that will hurt performance especially in cpu dependent games like Fortnite. The fact it’s running at 2666mhz I expect XMP is already enabled but it’s worth checking. I would check the RAM is running in dual channel mode, download cpu-z and on the memory tab see if it says ‘single’ or ‘dual’ under the channels# field.

Aug 22, 2022
How does it crash? Crash to desktop? Shut off? BSOD?

I looked up that memory, but it links to a kit of 1, not 2... so you mixed kits, and XMP probably isn't stable at 3600 as a result... the max stable is perhaps 2666 then.
It crashed to desktop, somehow in the GeForce experience app (I’ve already checked that before) my resolution for fortnite specifically was max resolution when my monitor is a 1920x1080 and I doubt my graphics card could even run the resolution it was set at, I switched it back to 1920x1080 and I’m in a match right now which is further than I’ve ever gotten so maybe that little thing was the fix

TRENDING THREADS