Why do certain games i play hard restart PC

mick12830

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
So i would like to know why my pc restarts when i play these two games pso2, and dungeon defenders 2 and its literally just these two games for now. i would get a reboot without any warning nothing noticeable before it happens too . I've played overwatch on ultra max everything and no restarts same with left 4 dead 2, dcuo and a few more. and i'm sure one of those games are more intense than both games. have also done benchmarks no bad temps at all i have tested cpu,gpu,ram all good, drivers up to date. turn off auto restart thingy in settings still get them and no bsod or anything just a no signal screen till pc boots back up. i heard that it could be a psu problem but since it doesn't happen in those more intense games could it really be a psu problem?

SPECS

Motherboard: CROSSHAIR FORMULA Z
Gpu: Gtx 1070 gigabyte
Cpu: amd fx 8350
sata: ssd 220gb
Ram:16gb
Psu: Fatality ocz 1000w gold 80

Solution
check ur bios for voltage limitations. i think its some settings that limit ur voltage to ur cpu/gpu. check ur overclocking features on in the bios.
Unless it's some SW or OS problem and everything locks up because of it (problems with drivers etc.) it usually comes down to two things, lack of power (because of PSU or MB itself) or too high temperature. Since you have good PSU it could be because CPU doesn't get enough power or not high enough voltage.

mick12830

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
ty you two seems like increasing cpu voltage from 1.35 to 1.4 helpeld havent had a reboot in both the troubled games i listed yet. weird how i had to increase it out of no where like that, but doesn't matter imma upgrade to skylake soon anyway

TRENDING THREADS