[SOLVED] Why do drives disconnect for no [apparent] reason?

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
Every so often my 6TB hard drive disconnects, why? Then It just goes on with out having to reconnect it. I have over drives on there but it never happens to them ,they are M2 drives.I do have an IMAC with Windows on a M2 drive and some times it tells me to keep it plugged in, it is always plugged in. But i think that is just Windows because so times it says there is a problem with it and you have to go through all that stuff repairing it etc.

If you get messages about an issue with a drive, that means the system was not shut down properly or the drive was unplugged suddenly without first pausing it or using the "remove hardware" option in Windows. Is this an external or internal drive? Did you reseat the cables if it's internal? Maybe try another port or cable?

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
If you get messages about an issue with a drive, that means the system was not shut down properly or the drive was unplugged suddenly without first pausing it or using the "remove hardware" option in Windows. Is this an external or internal drive? Did you reseat the cables if it's internal? Maybe try another port or cable?
It was not unplugged it is left un all the time .It is external back drive for my Mac.It only happens every so often.

TRENDING THREADS