[SOLVED] why do i experience screen tearing with freesync enabled?

Sep 28, 2020
so i have a freesync monitor and an amd cpu and gpu. my display is connected via a displayport cable and i have freesync enabled on both the monitor and in the radeon settings, yet i still experience screen tearing. any idea as to why the freesync isn't working?

Solution
Make sure your game's framerate is within the monitor's Freesync range. Try limiting the framerate to about 4 frames below your monitor's refresh rate and enabling VSync. That should eliminate all tearing and still give you low input delay. Check out Battle(non)sense on Youtube for more details, he has some great videos on the subject, such as Get The Most Out Of Your G-Sync Compatible Monitor (should apply to Freesync as well).

a1337cookie

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
Make sure your game's framerate is within the monitor's Freesync range. Try limiting the framerate to about 4 frames below your monitor's refresh rate and enabling VSync. That should eliminate all tearing and still give you low input delay. Check out Battle(non)sense on Youtube for more details, he has some great videos on the subject, such as Get The Most Out Of Your G-Sync Compatible Monitor (should apply to Freesync as well).

Solution