Why do I get a black screen when trying to boot my pc?

kingkmega

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I recently installed windows 10 onto a brand new SSD and every once in awhile when i boot up my PC it will display the BIOS logo then change to a black screen (no cursor) and stay there without loading windows 10. When I press the power button on my computer it turns off instantly, and when I press the power button again to turn it on and everything boots up properly (it always works the 2nd time). I've noticed that this usually always occurs when I try to power up my computer in the morning. Can cold weather cause this issue? Or can it possibly be a problem with my graphics card or monitor?

The driver for my graphics card is up to date and I have checked to make sure all the cables are secure.

Solution
Are you running your graphics off of a graphics card? If you are, connect your display to your motherboards onboard graphics and boot with that instead, then install/reinstall all graphics card drivers.

After this, you should be able connect your display to your graphics card and it should work fine.

bedroll69

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Are you running your graphics off of a graphics card? If you are, connect your display to your motherboards onboard graphics and boot with that instead, then install/reinstall all graphics card drivers.

After this, you should be able connect your display to your graphics card and it should work fine.

Solution