[SOLVED] why do I get no signal detected at home

Jan 25, 2020
I started my PC, it booted but monitor said no signal detected. It didn't even show bios. However it boots directly into windows and I can even play music with my shortcut keys and turn the pc off.

I was trying to narrow it down to GPU or psu, when I decided to take my PC to work, and it worked. I was getting the image, I even started it multiple times, with my home power cable, with one and two monitors and it was working. So I took my PC and a monitor from work home but i again get no signal detected with the work monitor. How is this possible, how can it work somewhere else but not at home?

I tried changing the outlets but no success.

Jan 25, 2020
I started my PC, it booted but monitor said no signal detected. It didn't even show bios. However it boots directly into windows and I can even play music with my shortcut keys and turn the pc off.

I was trying to narrow it down to GPU or psu, when I decided to take my PC to work, and it worked. I was getting the image, I even started it multiple times, with my home power cable, with one and two monitors and it was working. So I took my PC and a monitor from work home but i again get no signal detected with the work monitor. How is this possible, how can it work somewhere else but not at home?

I tried changing the outlets but no success.
Update: The problem was a faulty DVI-D cable. Unfortunately I started with the more complicated tests first, such as RAM, GPU, etc.