[SOLVED] Why do I get static in my headphones when I move my mouse?

Sep 4, 2020
About 3 days ago, I noticed static in my headphones and thought nothing of it, because maybe I damaged the cord. Then the next day, it got worse, and somehow moving my mouse made the static high pitched. Now, I just got a blue error screen, and I think it might be related, but I also have no idea. I'm puzzled as to why it would be progressively getting worse, when I can't see anything wrong in the case. The static doesn't happen constantly either, it just sometimes comes around, but can last for upwards of 30 minutes. I've read up on this but everything is going over my head and I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot this, and I'd like some help, please.
Specs:
-i5-9600k, hasn't been overclocked at all.
-GTX 1070 ti, also hasn't been overclocked.
-PSU is an EVGA 600 BR (80+ bronze rating)
-Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 UD
-RAM is Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) at 3000 mhz.
-I have no SSD, but my hard drive is a
TOSHIBA DT01ACA100, 1TB
-Windows 10

I would also like to mention that I only have two headphone jacks on my case, and both are occupied by the same headset. It isn't just this pair of headphones either, I tried another pair of mine in the same jacks. Lastly, my monitor has no speakers, so I don't know how to see if it's just my headphones getting interfered with, or just my sound in general.
Even if there is no way to pinpoint one specific issue, if I could have some info on if any of these parts commonly cause issues like this, or if something could be installed wrong, it would be appreciated. I will also reply as much as I can if any more info is needed.

Last edited:
Solution
Known problem, it's most probably a motherboard issue.

There is two ways you can fix the problem:
  • Replace the headset with one that use USB.
  • Go get an separate sound card, doesn't matter if USB or PCIe.
Sep 4, 2020
Known problem, it's most probably a motherboard issue.

There is two ways you can fix the problem:
  • Replace the headset with one that use USB.
  • Go get an separate sound card, doesn't matter if USB or PCIe.
Okay, two questions. Do either sound cards have any kind of 'advantage' over another? And what causes this motherboard issue? Is it something I did or was it faulty when I got it?

And do you think the blue screen error had anything to do with it or was it a coincidence?

Do either sound cards have any kind of 'advantage' over another?
The usb will occupy some space outside the cabinet, so it's really just up to you if you want a slicker apearance (pcie variant) or an easilly portable, but somewhat bulky as it takes up space outside the cabinet.

And what causes this motherboard issue?
Simply poor design. I had a couple of such motherboards myself and in both cases, I solved it by adding another sound card.

Sep 4, 2020
The usb will occupy some space outside the cabinet, so it's really just up to you if you want a slicker apearance (pcie variant) or an easilly portable, but somewhat bulky as it takes up space outside the cabinet.

Simply poor design. I had a couple of such motherboards myself and in both cases, I solved it by adding another sound card.
Alright I appreciate it!