[SOLVED] Why do I get those FPS drops and mini freezes while gaming?

Solution
Yes, it's the 3gb vram limit of your GPU. If you are playing at 1080p, you will have those issue with that GPU. Specially for more demanding games. Things like BF1/V, COD WW2. Those games will use more than 4gbs of vram for high settings. You will need to dial back in game settings to bring the vram usage down, so it doesn't max out.

Or, get a new GPU.
Yes, it's the 3gb vram limit of your GPU. If you are playing at 1080p, you will have those issue with that GPU. Specially for more demanding games. Things like BF1/V, COD WW2. Those games will use more than 4gbs of vram for high settings. You will need to dial back in game settings to bring the vram usage down, so it doesn't max out.

Or, get a new GPU.

Reactions: Anbuke
Solution
Feb 18, 2019
Thank you! I was thinking about upgrading my GPU to an RTX 2060, but i don't know if my PSU will be able to keep it running. Do you have any advice about it? I have an EVGA 500w bronze psu. :D

Thank you! I was thinking about upgrading my GPU to an RTX 2060, but i don't know if my PSU will be able to keep it running. Do you have any advice about it? I have an EVGA 500w bronze psu. :D

The RTX2060 would be a beast in there along with the 9600k. Solid 1080p 144hz and 1440p 60hz with high in game settings.

I'd consider getting a new PSU. The 500w is the min for the RTX2060. You might get by with it, but if it was more than 3 years old, I'd most certainly be swapping it out for a similar EVGA G2/G3 unit. 650w for heardoom but they have some stellar 550w units too.

Reactions: Anbuke
Feb 18, 2019
The RTX2060 would be a beast in there along with the 9600k. Solid 1080p 144hz and 1440p 60hz with high in game settings.

I'd consider getting a new PSU. The 500w is the min for the RTX2060. You might get by with it, but if it was more than 3 years old, I'd most certainly be swapping it out for a similar EVGA G2/G3 unit. 650w for heardoom but they have some stellar 550w units too.
Thank you for all the help mate! I'll do that in the near future!