[SOLVED] Why do I have blue lines across my screen ?

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
today i decided to use my laptop as i havent used it in a while, and i went to go reset it using a 1903 windows iso. when it finishes, and it boots up, i pick up the laptop, and blue lines across my screen appear. these lines only appear when i put pressure on the laptop. there are about 20 blue lines and they are spread evenly across the screen. how this happened, i dont know? i havent used it in a while. quick note, whenever i put pressure on the laptop, the laptop freezes, whether im in the bios or the os itself. when its frozen and i let go, the blue lines disappear, and when its still frozen and i apply pressure, they appear again. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
laptop - acer aspire a315-22

Solution
You shouldn't be on 1903, in fact you should be on version 20H2. You can fabricate your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and reinstall the OS. Mind you, make sure your BIOS for the laptop is up to date. The bluelines, are caused due to artifacting either from a damaged GPU or the wrong drivers for said GPU. It might also be possible that the cooling on the laptop might be inadequate or that the venting are clogged with dust/debris.

Lutfij

Titan
You shouldn't be on 1903, in fact you should be on version 20H2. You can fabricate your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and reinstall the OS. Mind you, make sure your BIOS for the laptop is up to date. The bluelines, are caused due to artifacting either from a damaged GPU or the wrong drivers for said GPU. It might also be possible that the cooling on the laptop might be inadequate or that the venting are clogged with dust/debris.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS