[SOLVED] why do I have low GPU usage on Rust?

Jezreel101

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
I have a evga gtx 1080 FTW and a R5 2600x and for some reason whenever I play rust I get low gpu usage and okay fps, but it should do better than that. Because I tried running the game on all low settings and I still get about an 75 to 80 fps avg same on all high, and I already checked that its not a fps limit or cap. So what could be the problem?
Here are some screen shots that I took of the game, sorry for the the in game chat
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/319/IJU0re.png

Last edited:
Solution
Make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS update. Also check to see that you're on version 20H2 for Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10). Download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then get DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Use the latest driver and install them manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS update. Also check to see that you're on version 20H2 for Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10). Download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then get DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Use the latest driver and install them manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution