Why do I keep disconnecting even after I reset my router?

samdkwame

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
So my internet connection keeps disconnecting every 5 or so minutes, then i reset the router and about an hour later it disconnects again. I'd say it would be a problem with the router, but everyone else's computers never disconnect, just mine. The only difference is that they all have macs and I have an Acer. I just got this computer and it was fine for about a month, but then about 2-3 weeks ago this started happening.

Solution
look in device manager >network adapters > find your card , look to see that let windows turn off your card to save power is not checked , that dis- connects the wireless when not much is happening

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
look in device manager >network adapters > find your card , look to see that let windows turn off your card to save power is not checked , that dis- connects the wireless when not much is happening

Solution

samdkwame

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Well I my router isn't in a place where i can hook my computer up to it unfortunately, and then I turned off the save power settings which worked for a while. But last night in particular it was going out anywhere from every 3 minutes to every 15 minutes. Is there anything else that I can try?