[SOLVED] Why do I keep getting store data structure corruption BSOD on my laptop ?

senjuh15

Commendable
Aug 5, 2019
I have been getting atleats this BSOD pretty much everyday for the past few weeks. I have not been doing any gaming or video editing or any CPU intensive tasks. I get them when having just one app open or on youtube or something. Windows and BIOS are up to date.
Pc specs : i7-8570h , nvidia gtx 1060 6gb, 8gb ddr4 RAM, 1 tb HDD and 256 gb SSD.
If someone can help find the cause it would be great.

Here is the last dumpfile : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1390BMG22HCX6AGQIKTOhEx9V0loIVQe3/view?usp=sharing

Solution
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/L8pmg9x4/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:010822-21062-01.dmp (Jan 8 2022 - 17:09:30)
Bugcheck:STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (1C7)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: MemCompression)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)

BIOS info was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

In my opinion, the dump was inconclusive. Since BSODs are...

Colif

Win 11 Master
the store in question is used by Virtual memory to track the locations of files on either C drive or ram.

What make/model ssd/hdd are they? I assume boot drive is the ssd

I feel its more likely the drive to blame, but we should check ram as well.
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

i have asked someone to look at dumps in case it shows another cause.

senjuh15

Commendable
Aug 5, 2019
the store in question is used by Virtual memory to track the locations of files on either C drive or ram.

What make/model ssd/hdd are they? I assume boot drive is the ssd

I feel its more likely the drive to blame, but we should check ram as well.
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

i have asked someone to look at dumps in case it shows another cause.
I have ran Memtest86 for about 30 minutes and it didn't detect any errors.
As for the disk drives they are SanDisk SD9SN8W256G and the HDD is HGST HTS721.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/L8pmg9x4/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:010822-21062-01.dmp (Jan 8 2022 - 17:09:30)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)

BIOS info was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

In my opinion, the dump was inconclusive. Since BSODs are caused by either drivers or hardware, I would start by removing all un-necessary drivers which includes: Your VPN, DAEMON Tools, IDM, Netlimiter, Malwarebytes, and Kaspersky. All of those programs are not required to run your PC yet they have drivers. One or more could potentially be the issue.

In addition, Vanguard anti-cheat has a buggy driver which is a known issue and has caused many people BSODs. It could potentially be an issue. I know it's required to play the game, but you may have to choose one or the other: The game with BSODs, or no game.

If you continue to crash after removing all of that, then either more dumps could help pinpoint the issue, or it's a hardware issue. You can go ahead and start testing hardware also. There's more info on the link I posted above (or we can help you here).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Solution

gardenman

Splendid
The apps won't work without their drivers. I would remove the app, completely.

If over time the BSODs stop, then you can gradually add them back, one at a time until you discover which one is being problematic.

If you continue to get crashes, upload more dump files.

senjuh15

Commendable
Aug 5, 2019
The apps won't work without their drivers. I would remove the app, completely.

If over time the BSODs stop, then you can gradually add them back, one at a time until you discover which one is being problematic.

If you continue to get crashes, upload more dump files.
I have deleted some apps that you mentioned but I had them installed a while back why would they start causing issues all of the sudden? The only one I installed recently (a month ago or so) is vanguard but I have noy yet launched the game. I didn't get any BSOD since this post I only have more dumpfiles from previous ones.

gardenman

Splendid
An update from Windows itself or any 3rd party app could cause conflicts with any driver at any time. However, if the crashes only started after installing Vanguard, that is the driver that I would focus on. It has been a known issue here on the forums (you can search for it). Upload the additional dumps and we'll see if Colif has any ideas.

gardenman

Splendid
I looked at 5 of the most recent dumps. Results: https://jsfiddle.net/pnrfhe34/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:010622-23671-01.dmp (Jan 6 2022 - 16:19:03)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:010522-22921-01.dmp (Jan 5 2022 - 15:16:28)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)

File information:010422-22437-01.dmp (Jan 4 2022 - 09:00:20)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:010322-28812-01.dmp (Jan 2 2022 - 19:18:53)
Uptime:4 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File information:121421-20718-01.dmp (Dec 14 2021 - 17:29:15)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)
Comment: BIOS info was still not included in any of the dumps, which is unusual. I can only assume it's an outdated BIOS being used, or an older PC.

Colif has probably went to bed at this point. Note to him: Remember some of the drivers listed here have been removed at this point.

If you have several hours to spare, you may want to go ahead and run memtest while you wait for more answers. Many people run it over night. It's best to run 1 RAM stick at a time in the first slot. Instructions are here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-test-your-ram.3691373/
Edit: I seen that you ran memtest86 above. If you didn't run it for 4 full passes, you wasted your time. 8 passes is better.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

senjuh15

Commendable
Aug 5, 2019
Update : I got a new crash just now but this time after reboot I got a windows notification message it said to reboot to repair disk errors. When I restarted windows it showed repair for the disk C (SSD) and was completed in a few minutes.