Why do I keep getting: "Your avatar has been rejected."

A Random Shrub

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
This is a small problem I've been having with the website. I just made an account and my private messages are being spammed with "Your Avatar Has Been Rejected." I don't have an avatar, and I never tried to upload one, either. Why am I getting these messages?

To: A Random Shrub

Sent on: November 28, 2015 4:04 AM
Hello A Random Shrub,

Your custom avatar has been rejected by the Tom's Hardware moderation team. Please be sure to comply with the Rules of Conduct and guidelines for uploading custom avatars to the site. Thanks!

Don't want to receive email alerts? Click on the following link to unsubscribe: http://www.tomshardware.com/community/unsubscribeMailin...

~ The Tom's Hardware Community Team

normally such a message is given when a user uploads an inappropriate avatar image and we decline it. all avatars go through a moderator approval process due to people abusing the privilege.

since you say you have never had an avatar nor have ever tried to upload one [are you sure someone else who uses your pc did not try?] i'm thinking it may be some sort of bug?

how many messages are you getting, what dates and times?

i'll notify kevin [our community assistant manager] about this thread so perhaps if its deemed to be a bug he can forward it along.

i have to say that this is the first case i've heard of that particular system malfunctioning.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Well, if you're getting those notifications and have never uploaded an avatar before, then it is very likely a bug or error on our end. Before I send this on up for further investigation (and a resolution), are you still receiving these notifications? What is the frequency of these notifications?

A Random Shrub

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

I haven't got a message in 3 days, but I got 1 message 2 days in a row. So 2 messages