Question Why do I keep losing signal from Gpu?

Apr 26, 2023
Recently if I'm playing a game on my PC I will lose my display signal and my GPU will just turn off. like I can hear my friends in Discord and sometimes the application I was on but my Graphics card lights will be off and I have no signal. and the only way I can get it to boot is by taking out the card and reseating it but it still has the same problem once I try and play a game. I suspect its the graphics card itself or my power supply but I replaced my power just a couple of months ago. If anyone has any ideas help would be appreciated, thanks.

Specs:
Cpu- AMD ryzen 7 5800x
GPU-NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 super
Motherboard- b450 Tomahawk
RAM- corsair 16gb vengeance
Power Supply-Corsair RM750e

Lutfij

Titan
If you suspect it to be the PSU that's causing issues, try and source(borrow, not buy) a donor PSU with a little more wattage than what you currently have to rule out a power problem. If you want to rule out the GPU, try and work with the slot lower down on the motherboard, conversely you could drop the GPU into another motherboard/platform.

What sort of temps do you see when the issue crops up? I'm assuming you tried what was suggested in this post for a thread of yours?

Apr 26, 2023
I have another PSU that should provide enough wattage that'll ill try, and yes I did try all of those suggestions.

Apr 26, 2023
Sorry I forgot to add, Idk what temperatures it gets too when it shuts off and there’s not a way for me to check I don’t think cause I have to restart the pc

Apr 26, 2023
Update: the different power supply didn’t fix it I still got the black screen and my gpu cut off again

Apr 26, 2023
How old is it? Have you cleaned the dust out of it recently?
I had it couple years and no I haven’t recently. I just switched out my pcie cables for my gpu and I’ve been able to run a few games, so maybe my old cables were the issue. I want to really stress test it before I say for sure.

Apr 26, 2023
I had it couple years and no I haven’t recently. I just switched out my pcie cables for my gpu and I’ve been able to run a few games, so maybe my old cables were the issue. I want to really stress test it before I say for sure.
I played with the new cable installed for about two hours and have had zero crashes so I suppose the pcie cable had a lose wire and that was causing my problem

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
Glad to see you're sorting this out. Wiring can be a major pain when you least expect it.

Good luck on the stress test.