[SOLVED] Why do I lose audio when switching inputs from HDMI to Displayport?

Randomletters08

Reputable
May 23, 2016
I have my speakers plugged into my monitor getting audio through NVIDIA high definition audio. It works fine when I first boot up, but if I change the input to HDMI to play my switch, when I change back to displayport I don't get audio from the speakers.

This issue started happening after I started working from home and remoting into my office computer frequently. Restarting the computer fixes the problem, but it comes back if I go to HDMI again. It will also happen if I change audio devices from my monitors output (NVIDIA) to my headset output (Logitech) which is plugged into a USB port on the motherboard.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solution
I installed Microsoft Teams, and I changed remote desktop connection to use all my monitors. Also I believe there was an NVIDIA graphics driver update
I am also working from home using remote desktop, VPN, Microsoft Team, Google Meet, WebEx, Zoom, etc and none have cause any issues on many system I have setup these apps.
It could have been the NVIDIA graphics driver update.
When you change back from HDMI to DiplayPort, which audio output is the default on Sound Settings?
I have my speakers plugged into my monitor getting audio through NVIDIA high definition audio. It works fine when I first boot up, but if I change the input to HDMI to play my switch, when I change back to displayport I don't get audio from the speakers.

This issue started happening after I started working from home and remoting into my office computer frequently. Restarting the computer fixes the problem, but it comes back if I go to HDMI again. It will also happen if I change audio devices from my monitors output (NVIDIA) to my headset output (Logitech) which is plugged into a USB port on the motherboard.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
What changes did you make when you started working remotely from home?
Did you change PC settings?
Did you install an app?

I installed Microsoft Teams, and I changed remote desktop connection to use all my monitors. Also I believe there was an NVIDIA graphics driver update
I am also working from home using remote desktop, VPN, Microsoft Team, Google Meet, WebEx, Zoom, etc and none have cause any issues on many system I have setup these apps.
When you change back from HDMI to DiplayPort, which audio output is the default on Sound Settings?

Solution

Randomletters08

Reputable
May 23, 2016
It defaults to the speakers through the monitor. I'll try reinstalling the graphics driver maybe that will resolve it