[SOLVED] Why do motherboard apps suck

Slick_3

Reputable
Jul 8, 2017
Like all of them are lackluster and buggy? Why do they even bother making them if they aren't going to work right?

Solution
Before Intel's gen 1 cpus ive used a plethora of manufactures for motherboards. Since the gen 1 socket 1366 ive only used Asus and have found their apps very handy. I know on the asus z97 maximus vii hero they had some minor issues but it was fixed by installing the apps in a correct order.

Now i have the Asus ROG Maximus X Hero and would have a hard time without their apps with OC'ing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I guess they sell all these Motherboards with all these extra features and feel that writing apps to support them at least shows they are trying

The only ones I like are from the companies who have decided it is a good idea to have software that can be used to update drivers for their motherboards
Asrock App Store
Gigabyte App Centre
MSI live Update 6

I believe Asus AI suite also offers this function on newer boards

But many apps aren't worth installing, especially the ones that increase internet speed, they often just get in the way.

Reactions: Slick_3
Before Intel's gen 1 cpus ive used a plethora of manufactures for motherboards. Since the gen 1 socket 1366 ive only used Asus and have found their apps very handy. I know on the asus z97 maximus vii hero they had some minor issues but it was fixed by installing the apps in a correct order.

Now i have the Asus ROG Maximus X Hero and would have a hard time without their apps with OC'ing.

Reactions: Slick_3
Solution