[SOLVED] Why do my computer freeze up every 5 or 10 minutes for 5-10 seconds.

Brandon_140

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2016
I've recently bought a legit copy of Windows 10, Took my PC fully apart removing and dusting all components and the case with a tooth brush and changed the thermal paste on my CPU and GPU and installed a new 2T Seagate HDD before installing the new legit copy of Windows 10. The installation when perfect and the computer starts fine although it keeps saying new hardware detected and asks me if I want to load default bios values or change the bios settings, and I always just click F2 for default. Other than that I log in best kind and everything is up to speed, games run excellent, web browser is fast. But then for some reason every 5 or 10 minutes or more, the PC will just freeze up for 5-10 seconds (sometimes more) and I can still move my mouse and if I'm in a game the game is still running and I can see stuff happening, the video doesn't freeze but when I click in the game window or task bar or click the windows button, nothing will happen. Then after 5-10 seconds (sometimes more) it will un-freeze and everything will happen at once, if I clicked 3 things in the game and then hit the windows button, the mouse will move and click everything in that order. Its soo annoying, sometimes my chrome web browser freezes up too and it asks would I like to wait for the page to respond and usually I just wait a few seconds and it starts working perfect again. What could potentially be the cause of this problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Solution
Check the CMOS battery. Probably not the issue, but you never know.

If you're running a second monitor or screen, unplug it and test the system to see if the freezing returns.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Check the CMOS battery. Probably not the issue, but you never know.

If you're running a second monitor or screen, unplug it and test the system to see if the freezing returns.

Solution