[SOLVED] why do my cpu minimum temps drop to 0?

Aug 7, 2021
I've recently built a pc and as I was checking for temps, I noticed that minimum temps are 0 degrees. I observed it and it just happens for a second then back to normal. I searched about it but haven't found the same case as I'm experiencing, but someone mentioned about a temp sensor thing. Maybe it's that? This is my first build so I don't know if this is normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

XDOqheG.jpg

I've already tried reseating/repasting the cpu cooler but to no avail. My guess is that temp sensors are faulty, which i'm not familiar with. I'm just worried that this could be a problem in the future. If not, then I'm letting it be.

Here's my specs:
CPU: intel i5-11400f
Motherboard: gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO AX
Ram: 2x8gb gskill tridentz
SSD/HDD: 500gb ssd
GPU: gtx 750ti
PSU: seasonic 650w focus gold
CPU cooler: ID cooling se 224 xt
BIOS version is F3

Solution
This is a known bug on 11th Gen CPUs. Not sure if Intel ever plans to release a microcode update to fix this problem.

The only real purpose of these sensors is to trigger thermal throttling if any core reaches 100°C. That still works so Intel might not bother to fix this bug.

Some users think that it is related to the C states. Disabling the C states has fixed this for some users.
This is a known bug on 11th Gen CPUs. Not sure if Intel ever plans to release a microcode update to fix this problem.

The only real purpose of these sensors is to trigger thermal throttling if any core reaches 100°C. That still works so Intel might not bother to fix this bug.

Some users think that it is related to the C states. Disabling the C states has fixed this for some users.

Solution