Question Why do my monitors keep randomly going black "no signal from DP"

Mar 9, 2023
Hey everybody, I'd love if someone could help me diagnose the problem I've been having with my computer.

My monitors seems to as of recently started crashing while I game and stream. While my computer is completely functional.

I have a 3070 GeForce GPU
i-9 10900kf CPU
Z490-A Pro MSI
32 GB RAM (8GBx4)

I was wondering if it could be my GPU, maybe my motherboard overheating or something else entirely..

I ran FurMark and the temp capped out at 67 degrees celcius.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out!

It can be quite frustrating having to manually power off my PC due to being unable to navigate without the monitors.

Mar 9, 2023
How many displays at what resolution?

Also, what is the make/model of your power supply?

I only have 2 monitors both identical 27" alienware monitors 240hz
I run 1080p

The power supply is either 800 watts or 1000 watts 80 gold plus.. I sadly can't access it without ripping apart my pc, cyberpower PC blows and has panels covering it..

Mar 9, 2023
I only have 2 monitors both identical 27" alienware monitors 240hz
I run 1080p

The power supply is either 800 watts or 1000 watts 80 gold plus.. I sadly can't access it without ripping apart my pc, cyberpower PC blows and has panels covering it..

I don't overclock or anything crazy. Simply boot up my game and play on high settings (lowered it to medium and it didn't fix the problem) while streaming/recording the gameplay

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you use only one display, does the problem go away? Also, if you lower the display frequency to 120hz or even 60hz, does that make a difference?

Details matter, that is why I was asking about the PSU, especially knowing you are using a CyberPower PC.

Mar 9, 2023
If you use only one display, does the problem go away? Also, if you lower the display frequency to 120hz or even 60hz, does that make a difference?

Details matter, that is why I was asking about the PSU, especially knowing you are using a CyberPower PC.

I'm not going to lie I haven't tried to drop the display frequency.. or a single monitor but I can. It seems to only have recently started doing this when I started streaming

lol Covid purchase that made sense then but doesn't now haha

Last edited by a moderator: