Why do my ram sticks run on single channel mode on Asrock 990FX EXTREME9?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hey guys. I have a gtx 1070 and an amd fx 9370 with an asrock 990fx extreme9. So after 2 years of gaming I opened the bios today and I saw that the ram was running on 1333mhz instead of 2400mhz which is the max. Nevertheless when I opened my pc, I runned corsair link and at dram frequency it shows 1200mhz instead of 2400mhz. I opened the bios again and I saw that single channel momory mode was enabled but I don't know where to go to set it to dual channel. My ram is Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 2400mhz DDR3(CMY16GX3M2A2400C11). So what is the problem? Is there some kind of ram incompatibility? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Without getting too technical the easiest way to explain it would be to make sure your memory isn't seated in slots next to each other. You have 4 slots for ram. Place the ram in slots 1 and 3 to run dual channel. (slot 1 would be the one closest to the CPU)

In case you have a cooler that's in the way, you could place them in slots 2 and 4 to achieve the same results.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016

No I haven't read the manual but can you help me because I can't find where it says where you should place the ram sticks so as to enable dual channel mode. Sorry I'm a noob in this stuff and I literally don't know anything. Thanks for the help.

mgallo848

Commendable
Without getting too technical the easiest way to explain it would be to make sure your memory isn't seated in slots next to each other. You have 4 slots for ram. Place the ram in slots 1 and 3 to run dual channel. (slot 1 would be the one closest to the CPU)

In case you have a cooler that's in the way, you could place them in slots 2 and 4 to achieve the same results.

Solution

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016

Ok I will open my pc and see tomorrow and I will inform you. Thanks so much.

TRENDING THREADS