Why do people prefer Intel rather than AMD?!

Solution
Some people don't like a particular company because of it's business practices, and some always root for the underdog. And that's reasons for the opposite of your question, why some people prefer AMD :)

Intel has a higher IPC, a more mature and stable platform, and gives more performance in games. For many years AMD was not even in the running performance wise. Ryzen has changed all that and is now a very good alternative but intel is still ahead in IPC and gaming performance and therefore still the preferred choice for many people.

I switched to AMD when the Athlons were the performance kings, and switched back to intel when the core family started dominating. A lot of people are like that, we just go with whatever works better. It's...
It’s not a case of preferring, there are things the current Intels do better given a certain budget and there are things AMD cpu’s do better for the same budget.

Generally AMD have weaker but more cores, Intel have fewer cores but they are stronger. So it depends if you need lots of cores or faster cores.

yeti_yeti

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
Most people build computers for gaming purposes, sadly this is the area,where AMD cpus are just not as good as intel cpus, they are however, equal or better in productivity tasks (editing, rendering)

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Some people don't like a particular company because of it's business practices, and some always root for the underdog. And that's reasons for the opposite of your question, why some people prefer AMD :)

Intel has a higher IPC, a more mature and stable platform, and gives more performance in games. For many years AMD was not even in the running performance wise. Ryzen has changed all that and is now a very good alternative but intel is still ahead in IPC and gaming performance and therefore still the preferred choice for many people.

I switched to AMD when the Athlons were the performance kings, and switched back to intel when the core family started dominating. A lot of people are like that, we just go with whatever works better. It's a bit harder right now because which is better depends on your own criteria, Ryzen is tempting but the high end 8 series intel chips are as well.

Solution
Intel's CPUs used to be soldered. But it is expensive to solder because they will create more scrap because soldering a CPU can damage the CPU during manufacturing. So Intel uses TIM instead but it keeps the chip hot. Intel uses TIM to save money. AMD used TIM on the 2400g to save money on a budget part. The only difference is Intel does it on their highend parts too.

Core for core and clock for clock, Intel is better and has been for a decade. But AMD has a better price. So it is a give and take.

jr9

Estimable
I prefer Intel right now because they have the fastest processors. All I care about is performance. Skylake/Kabylake-X and Coffee Lake are flat out better than anything AMD has out right now. Last year AMD was my favorite but Intel responded to Ryzen and Threadripper. I like AMD for budget builds where the client doesn't want to spend a lot on 8th gen Intel.