[SOLVED] Why do some iOS apps show file names in lower case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unplanned bacon

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
The File browser (and file browser apps show them with correct capitalisation), but apps like Pages have document names in lower case, same with Safari if you need to upload a document.

As for my stuck pixel issue I mentioned in my other thread, it's one tiny dot now. Not even sure how or why it could have happened. Was perfectly fine for two weeks and then it wasn't. Got the entire length of my warranty to do something about so I guess I'm prolonging the inevitable. Been trying those RGB colour cycle videos to fix it and it looked like it was working little by little (or maybe it's placebo, IDK). I did manage to rainbow effect the iPad (you know when the pixels go all weird colours), it was only for a second or two twice and haven't done it since. It's probably fine (provided I don't keep doing it), but would doing that have caused any further damage?

If Apple's return process was as good as Amazon's I'd probably have sent this back, first opportunity, but with Apple there's no guarantee I'll get a new device back, there's a period of time where I'll be without what I paid for while things in the post and there's the risk I get something worse back which has happened before with them several times. In general, had tech that looks like it's broken and then mysteriously corrects itself down the line, hoping my iPad will do the same otherwise, warranty time

Solution
I believe it's due to the app developer submitting the app for approval on the app store. If they submit it w/ all lower case, that's how it will be displayed. õ_Ô
Status
Not open for further replies.