Question Why do some of the built-in Windows 7 games look so blurry?

xxmlgdewxx420

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
First of all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. For some strange reason all the internet games and a couple of other built-in games look very blurry. I admit, I haven't played these games in years, so maybe my mind forgot that it's they're normal look Or maybe there is some kind of problem? I'm very confused. Here are a few screenshots of what I at least think might be a problem:
p3dcJSb.png
Yzlof0R.png
P37tW1Z.png

xxmlgdewxx420

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
They probably are made with the assumption that they will be played at 720p or maybe even 480p.

It could be a setting somewhere to change the resolutions.
My laptop's screen resolution is 1366x768, which is pretty close to 720p, but then again, scaling could be a problem. And btw, playing these in windowed mode makes no difference. I can't find any resolution options inside of them, and seemingly there are no config files in the games' folders. Maybe the resolution is inside the .exe itself? Changing that is going to be a pain if that's the case.

xxmlgdewxx420

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
They probably are made with the assumption that they will be played at 720p or maybe even 480p.

It could be a setting somewhere to change the resolutions.

My laptop's screen resolution is 1366x768, which is pretty close to 720p, but then again, scaling could be a problem. And btw, playing these in windowed mode makes no difference. I can't find any resolution options inside of them, and seemingly there are no config files in the games' folders. Maybe the resolution is inside the .exe itself? Changing that is going to be a pain if that's the case.
I just found the config files for all the offline games. They're located in "C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft Games\". Extremely simple to edit. I just changed the "WindowX", "WindowY", "WindowWidth" and "WindowHeight" values to match my screen resolution and all the games look much clearer and sharper. I didn't have any luck with the internet games, I guess the config files are either buried somewhere else, or are just stored on Microsoft's servers or maybe it's even embedded in the applications themselves?