[SOLVED] Why do some pages not work properly on Firefox?

kanishknishar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2016
Firefox has had issues with some pages since before their Quantum re-make. These pages work properly on Chrome. They can occur when you're trying to filling a form. I have had this happen more than once where I couldn't press 'Continue' on Firefox but I could on Chrome. It's not just that sometimes I can't click on pages because they are in JavaScript? I am not sure but when I hover over the hyper-text it reads as 'Javascript' in the lower left of Firefox.

Another example of Firefox having problem is when I try to unubscribe from Insider.

I can't press 'Unsubscribe Me' on Firefox.

Not that I hate Firefox. It's my default browser and I love it. I was just wondering why Firefox had issues with certain pages.

Solution
Firefox has had issues with some pages since before their Quantum re-make. These pages work properly on Chrome. They can occur when you're trying to filling a form
Could be becasue of lazy devs(specially the target site).
Unfortunately, some web devs just add tons of dependencies and libraries which are not compatible with all common browsers, and some devs target Chrome for testing, that's too bad.

They can occur when you're trying to filling a form. I have had this happen more than once where I couldn't press 'Continue' on Firefox but I could on Chrome.
Do you run any extension on your firefox? For example I remember oddly AOL account deactivation script were marked as blocked content by one of my Chrome ad blocker...
Sep 28, 2019
Firefox has had issues with some pages since before their Quantum re-make. These pages work properly on Chrome. They can occur when you're trying to filling a form
Unfortunately, some web devs just add tons of dependencies and libraries which are not compatible with all common browsers, and some devs target Chrome for testing, that's too bad.

They can occur when you're trying to filling a form. I have had this happen more than once where I couldn't press 'Continue' on Firefox but I could on Chrome.
Do you run any extension on your firefox? For example I remember oddly AOL account deactivation script were marked as blocked content by one of my Chrome ad blocker extension, then I could complete the work with firefox.

It's not just that sometimes I can't click on pages because they are in JavaScript? I am not sure but when I hover over the hyper-text it reads as 'Javascript' in the lower left of Firefox.
Yes an no. As I mentioned, fully dependent javascript pages are so easy to build to save times, but it will me a total mess! That javascript you mentioned(like javascript:void() ) is for informing browser the event would be handled by void(nothing). It does nothing actually, but as the target anchor gets an href, so browser show it as a link.
But note the onclick event could be handled.

Another example of Firefox having problem is when I try to unubscribe from Insider.

I can't press 'Unsubscribe Me' on Firefox.

Not that I hate Firefox. It's my default browser and I love it. I was just wondering why Firefox had issues with certain pages.
Again just check if you have any extention on you FF, and try to disable them to see if it works.
Also note, you may open a tab, then in blank area right click and select "Inspect element", and then go to Console and Network tabs. Now open the target page you have issues with. In those tab mentioned, you may find some interesting(events, issues, log...) stuffs that could help

Beside, you have to thanks Google and Mozilla for FF and Chrome. I remember days where we(devs) had to support a true nightmare called IE6

Solution

kanishknishar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2016

Do you run any extension on your firefox? For example I remember oddly AOL account deactivation script were marked as blocked content by one of my Chrome ad blocker extension, then I could complete the work with firefox.

Yes an no. As I mentioned, fully dependent javascript pages are so easy to build to save times, but it will me a total mess! That javascript you mentioned(like javascript:void() ) is for informing browser the event would be handled by void(nothing). It does nothing actually, but as the target anchor gets an href, so browser show it as a link.
But note the onclick event could be handled.

Again just check if you have any extention on you FF, and try to disable them to see if it works.
Also note, you may open a tab, then in blank area right click and select "Inspect element", and then go to Console and Network tabs. Now open the target page you have issues with. In those tab mentioned, you may find some interesting(events, issues, log...) stuffs that could help

Beside, you have to thanks Google and Mozilla for FF and Chrome. I remember days where we(devs) had to support a true nightmare called IE6

Yeah but what of 7-11? Why didn't companies make browsers to compete with IE back then?

TRENDING THREADS