Question Why does battlefield 2 shows black screen and then closes. I have 2gb ddr2 ram, intel core 2 duo e7500 graphics card and intel gma 3100 graphics?

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
Please do not post in ALL CAPS. There is no need to YELL. Thank you.
All my drivers are updated and i have windows 7 32 bit. Using addgame.reg tweak, i am able to run crysis 1 on low settings with 20 to 30 fps but bf 2 has low pc requirement as compared to crysis 1 then why does is happens. Please help me and don't tell me to buy anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
but forcing software tool and lighting helps me to run crysis 1 smoothly but not bf 2. bf 2 needs a grapgics card with shader model 2.0 and hw tnl so i have 256mb graohics with shader model 2.0 and even after forcing software tool and lighting, it doesn't helps me

2gb is likely your problem.
With windows 32 bit, hardware buffers are carved out of your 2gb and fixed.
The amount of ram available for your game will be well under the 2gb you have.
Windows task manager will show you what you have.
look at the hard fault page rate. When there is a shortage of ram, code must be swapped in and out to the page file.
When there is NO available space you will get a crash.

With a 32 bit os, 4gb is the most you can have.
No two ways about it, you need to buy another 2gb.

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
Thanks for trying to help but i solved the problem in other way, sorry for late reply, i just upgraded my pc to windows 7 64 bit, 4gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti 2gb gddr5 and now my battlefield 2 is running good, thanks for trying to help but i managed myself. Also, can i run far cry 2 and gta 4 on my pc and at what settings