Why does desktop restart nearly 3 times slower than laptop?

Satearn

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2015
These two machines share an SSD ( Brand new Samsung EVO 860 250 gigs[2 days old]), I take it off the PC and put it in laptop and vice versa, so OS, programs and configuration is identical....

Desktop specs(new)
i5-8400
AsRock z370 Pro 4
Hyper X furry Ram 16 Gigs

Laptop Specs (new)
Acer Aspire, i3-7100
8 gigs of RAM

Desktop restart:
34 seconds

Laptop restart:
13 seconds

Any idea why this is so?

PS. Desktop runs 4 disks, 2 SSD and 2HDD, but all brand new also. Additionally, I've done tests with a single SSD plugged in and results are the same.

What you are basically doing here is slowly corrupting windows and destroying your sata and power connectors on the drive, cables and laptop.
You are forcing windows to constantly get used to "new" hardware (which it does not like) and this will rather sooner than later result in disaster.

Satearn

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2015

I installed in Laptop first, but desktop runs all other tests really fast, much faster than laptop, only restarts are slower.

Satearn

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2015

I use a Sata Adapter, in both machines, so no hardware gets damaged, Windows simply says "Getting devices ready" when I change machines, both machines have their sets of drivers, both on the SDD, been doing this system for nearly a year now, works flawlessly, and excellent to keep things in one place and organized!

Does it really corrupt windows? In what way? I reformat every few months anyways.