[SOLVED] Why does device manager keep closing?

Metro_2033_Fan

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
I recently swapped out my Asus Z390E-gaming motherboard for the Asus Z390- Maximus XI Hero. I've tried updating Windows 10 to version 1909, which doesn't seem to resolve the issue. The only reason why I was doing any of this was to update the drivers for my speakers, which are producing a crackling-static noise in the background. So if anyone knows anything about why device manager keeps closing and how I can fix my speaker issue i'd greatly appreciate the help.

Solution
when you say update, did you clean install as swapping motherboards is a really good reason to do that.

Did you get any windows updates in the last few days? someone asked almost same question as you one minute before you did (they have different hardware though) and it seemed too much of a coincidence.

Colif

Win 11 Master
when you say update, did you clean install as swapping motherboards is a really good reason to do that.

Did you get any windows updates in the last few days? someone asked almost same question as you one minute before you did (they have different hardware though) and it seemed too much of a coincidence.

Solution

Metro_2033_Fan

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019

It was the update; I uninstalled it and then restarted my pc. It's running fine now. I never clean install; it's a rather large headache and I've never had issues anyways. Besides it's a lot easier to just uninstall and delete old drivers than having to completely back up my data and then reinstall windows.