why does he crash?

G

I just bought a soundblaster audigy for my system, now the problem is that after installing every thing and making sure it works properly it only crashes after a few minutes when I put my network adapter in (which I do at the end).

my system:
cel 400 mhz
abit zm6
256 mb ram
gforce 2 32 mb + tv out
tv/fm adapter
56k modem
10/100 mbit network adapter
soundblaster audigy
1 harddisk 10,2 gb
1 harddisk 40 gb
1 cdrom drive
1 aopen 2410 burner
400 watt power suply

what could be the problem I am at a total loss

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
Change them around in the PCI slots and see, just guessing.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;)

G

I got the same advice from a friend yesterday I think I will try it. But still it is very strange because every card is in the same slot as it used to be and only now he is showing this problem.

wierd :)

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
thats the correct advice.

maybe your new card is fighting for something with other cards. if you can, checkout with the audio card but the network card removed. if it doesnt crash, they might be in conflict. try switching slots, reset CMOS and set PnP OS to No.

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

G

whell I put the network adapter in an other slot and now it works, so my problem is solved. And by the way I only had to get the network adapter out to make it stop craching my pc

thanx for you're cooperation

@#$%@@%%##@!#$! huh?

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
You are welcome! :smile: Next! LOL

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;)