[SOLVED] Why does it not work?

Aug 29, 2019
I built a PC but when I put in the usb that I set up with the windows media creation on it, it didn't work. It was fine until it got to the part where it asked where I wanted to install Windows. So I tried to install on my sad. It didn't work, then I tried again and this time there were two dad's being registered, (I only have one) "drive 0 partition 1: system reserved and Drive 0 partition 2." So I click on the other one and the same thing happens. I notice there is a prompt that says "show the details of why you can't install" or something along the lines of that, and it says "windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk had an MBR partition table. On EFI seystems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.
What should I do?

Solution
I had wrong name for feature...

okay, in bios, set ssd as boot device
put USB drive into slot in PC
Go to save & exit screen of bios, and click Boot override
choose USB from list and PC will boot from it once, and then next time it will use the ssd.

run installer, it should work fine and after restart, continue as it should.

Its on page 56 of your bios - http://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C37v1.1.pdf

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Aug 29, 2019
I am trying to get rid of the partitions on one of my ssd's, so I went to delete whatever was on it. But that didn't work because it said that I had to be an admin to do it. So I went to disk management to try and delete the data but, I didn't know that it just makes it impossible to do anything with the drive that gets deleted. But when I was installing windows, I had two drives in, so windows is dependent on both but, I deleted one so now I can only use windows edge without getting a prompt that says I don't have the correct JavaScript for the task. So I try to just reset my PC but when I click on the reset button my screen freezes. What should I do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am trying to get rid of the partitions on one of my ssd's, so I went to delete whatever was on it. But that didn't work because it said that I had to be an admin to do it. So I went to disk management to try and delete the data but, I didn't know that it just makes it impossible to do anything with the drive that gets deleted. But when I was installing windows, I had two drives in, so windows is dependent on both but, I deleted one so now I can only use windows edge without getting a prompt that says I don't have the correct JavaScript for the task. So I try to just reset my PC but when I click on the reset button my screen freezes. What should I do?

I would start again
Only have the drive you want windows on in the PC when you install windows on it, so unplug PC and remove data cable from hdd.

Boot from installer
On screen after language choice, pick repair pc, not install
Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt
Type diskpart and press enter
Type list disk and press enter
This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe
If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.

Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and press enter

The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.

close command prompt when operation is closed
restart installer and put win 10 on ssd, it won't have any partitions on it now.

once pc works fine with just ssd in it, it boots a few times without problems, unplug PC and put other hdd in
look in bios and make sure it only lists ssd in boot order

if you want to delete anything off other hdd, use diskpart method on that as well.

Aug 29, 2019
I would start again
Only have the drive you want windows on in the PC when you install windows on it, so unplug PC and remove data cable from hdd.

Boot from installer
On screen after language choice, pick repair pc, not install
Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt
This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe
If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.

The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.

restart installer and put win 10 on ssd, it won't have any partitions on it now.

once pc works fine with just ssd in it, it boots a few times without problems, unplug PC and put other hdd in
look in bios and make sure it only lists ssd in boot order

if you want to delete anything off other hdd, use diskpart method on that as well.
Ok I'm doing it right now.

Aug 29, 2019
Didn't work I did it several times and each time it would say "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D" And I know it's not the windows media creation I downloaded onto my USB because I retried twice.

Aug 29, 2019
Didn't work I did it several times and each time it would say "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D" And I know it's not the windows media creation I downloaded onto my USB because I retried twice.
And before I could start the installation I clicked on my sad and it said if the drive has any files on it then they will be labeled as "Windows.old"

Colif

Win 11 Master

this error can be caused by a bad USB (the drive you are using), or bad ram

According to windows support, 0x8007025D = ERROR_BAD_COMPRESSION_BUFFER = the specified buffer contains ill-formed data. USB 3.0 uses the Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) mode for communications with the system. USB 2.0 uses the much older Interrupt Request (IRQ) system. One feature of the new MSI system that USB 3.0 devices use is asynchronous handling of data transfer between the device and system. This requires a buffer through which data is streamed to at high data rates (“SuperSpeed”), which is then decoded by the system. If you receive error 0x8007025D then probably your PNY devices are sending bad or corrupted data to the buffers, your device’s buffers are choked or your device can’t decode the data properly. Here are the reasons why you might be receiving this error.

Corrupt data on the USB drive means that this data cannot be decoded properly thus throwing this error. Corrupt data may be from the corrupt .ISO image file used to create the bootable USB drive. If the file that should be copied is missing or corrupt, you will get this error. The issue might also arise from a bad flash drive that is corrupt of unreadable at a certain section. In the case where you might have plugged in another USB device that is read as another disk drive, the data sent to the buffer by this devices might cause the error.

https://appuals.com/windows-cannot-install-required-files-0x8007025d/

So try another USB drive.

Aug 29, 2019
I tried on another USB and it said "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D" again

Colif

Win 11 Master
Problem with that error is it can be all sorts of things - did you look at the link I attached to last post?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Try unplugging any extra USB devices
Try installing with just 1 ram stick attached

Aug 29, 2019
I tried a whole new ram kit and it got farther, this time instead of stopping half way on the "getting files ready for installation" like last time it made it to the "finishing up" stage before it said "Windows needs to restart to continue" and then it just brings me back to the choose your language screen after restarting

Colif

Win 11 Master
I had wrong name for feature...

okay, in bios, set ssd as boot device
put USB drive into slot in PC
Go to save & exit screen of bios, and click Boot override
choose USB from list and PC will boot from it once, and then next time it will use the ssd.

run installer, it should work fine and after restart, continue as it should.

Its on page 56 of your bios - http://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C37v1.1.pdf

Solution
Aug 29, 2019
Apparently every time windows had restarted after I had changed the ram it had worked but I had just had the boot order in the BIOS booting to the USB automatically. So every time it restarted it made a new version of Windows, but as soon as I took out the USB it worked. Thank you.

And P.S. I still need to clean my other drives, how should I do it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
And P.S. I still need to clean my other drives, how should I do it.

I sort of showed you before

from desktop, go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
this restarts windows in a blue menu

Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk. Don't accidentally do C drive :)

boot back into windows, you will need to use disk management to format and partition drives again as they currently blank.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Also my monitor is supposed to be 10 bit and 64 but it says it's 8 bit 32

now you starting to ask questions I don't know answers too...
should be 10 bit/64htz, only shows as 8bit/32htz right?

What gpu do you have? I think it relies on the GPU being able to supply that signal.
What monitor is it? Does it have drivers?

i found this that seems to be a similar situation - https://community.amd.com/thread/236306

You might be best starting a question about that in the Displays forum or Graphics cards, its not really related to the original problem you had and the people that look in those forums might know the answers- https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/displays.10/ - they aren't going to start looking at a thread with multiple replies and a topic they may not know answer to :)

windows working okay now? all hdd fixed?

Aug 29, 2019
now you starting to ask questions I don't know answers too...
should be 10 bit/64htz, only shows as 8bit/32htz right?

What gpu do you have? I think it relies on the GPU being able to supply that signal.
What monitor is it? Does it have drivers?

i found this that seems to be a similar situation - https://community.amd.com/thread/236306

You might be best starting a question about that in the Displays forum or Graphics cards, its not really related to the original problem you had and the people that look in those forums might know the answers- https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/displays.10/ - they aren't going to start looking at a thread with multiple replies and a topic they may not know answer to :)

windows working okay now? all hdd fixed?
i haven't fixed my hdd yet but i will try now