[SOLVED] Why does it say I'm in India?!

Apr 17, 2020
Hello

I have just came back from a week long holiday and just turned on my computer...
I soon realised that my IP was located in india and i thought that was strange as i was not using a vpn, I'm still having this issue and i have no idea how to resolve it, Ive reset my router, reset network settings and tried other things to no success... please can someone help

Kind regards

Solution
Hello

I have just came back from a week long holiday and just turned on my computer...
I soon realised that my IP was located in india and i thought that was strange as i was not using a vpn, I'm still having this issue and i have no idea how to resolve it, Ive reset my router, reset network settings and tried other things to no success... please can someone help

Kind regards
If your public IP says India, then you need to contact your ISP. They own those IP addresses.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello

Kind regards
If your public IP says India, then you need to contact your ISP. They own those IP addresses.

Solution
IP address geolocation isn't all that reliable (as you noticed).

There isn't much you can do - maybe power off your modem and router for at least your lease time (usually 1 day) - you might get an IP address on a different subnet when you power back up.

Or, complain to your ISP (they probably won't care).

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hello

Kind regards
Sending you a personal message.

You should also scan this system for malware and make sure nothing is installed on your system that you aren't aware of.