Question Why does Minecraft crash my PC ?

rtwilliam

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
Alright, this is wild. Minecraft, as soon as it starts initializing, shuts off my computer.

Entirely. No idea why. It's only Minecraft that does this, nothing else. I'm capable of playing a **** ton [Moderator edit to remove profanity. Please remember that this is a family friendly forum.] of other games (e.g. Elden Ring, Valorant, etc. etc.) but Minecraft is a no go. Can't get 5 seconds past the Play Game button. I think it started happening after I transitioned my Mojang account to a Minecraft account.

Obviously this isn't the most appropriate forum for this question, but you guys are pretty smart so I'm turning to the professionals to maybe point me in the right direction. Who knows, maybe there's a Minecraft troubleshooting god in here.

Specs:
1080 ti
Ryzen 7 5800X
16 RB RAM (dual stick)
Windows 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, this is wild. Minecraft, as soon as it starts initializing, shuts off my computer.

Entirely. No idea why. It's only Minecraft that does this, nothing else. I'm capable of playing a **** ton [Moderator edit to remove profanity. Please remember that this is a family friendly forum.] of other games (e.g. Elden Ring, Valorant, etc. etc.) but Minecraft is a no go. Can't get 5 seconds past the Play Game button. I think it started happening after I transitioned my Mojang account to a Minecraft account.

Obviously this isn't the most appropriate forum for this question, but you guys are pretty smart so I'm turning to the professionals to maybe point me in the right direction. Who knows, maybe there's a Minecraft troubleshooting god in here.

Specs:
1080 ti
Ryzen 7 5800X
16 RB RAM (dual stick)
Windows 10
what's the motherboard?