Why does mobile phone only charge after rebooting.

Code7526

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Code7526 : "Phone only charges after reboot?"

HI All

Why does my Huwei 3y lite mobile phone only recharge after booting?

Please help?

Regards

Yanni

Code7526

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Could it be a faulty battery that looses charge too quickly?

When I tried to charge my phone today with the phone on, it wouldn't charge, then I plugged my charger into the phone when the phone was off and it started charging and after it charged for about an hour, I turned the phone on and the phone carried on charging.

Code7526

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Edwardsnelson Thank You for your help. I think the pin where the phone charger plugs is bend and needs to be fixed. I have tried other phone chargers and I still have to wiggle the phone to make it charge. There is contact problem.

I got a quote to fix the socket where the charger goes in at cellphone repair shop. They want R200 to fix it. My phone is still charging when I wiggle it, when it won't charge anymore even after I wiggle the phone, then I will pay them R200 to fix it at the cellphone repair shop as I paid R800 for the phone on a special 20 months ago, the same type of phone is more now, so it will be worthwhile to fix it once it won't charge anymore even after you wiggling it.

I will stick to wiggling the phone until I have pay to fix it.

Sep 3, 2018
The same was happened to me as well. I had to take it the service center. It actually broke one pin. That caused so much trouble.

Make sure that you don't get pin broke, if that happens, you'll have to replace the whole part. That might cause you pay more.

Code7526

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
I realized it is my cell phone chargers plug, it doesn't stick in properly to the adapter I use to to plug into my wall plug to charge my phone. If I push the chargers plug into the adapter, it starts charging straight away.