[SOLVED] Why does my 2 SODIMM 8gb ram won't boot my laptop?

Sep 30, 2020
Hey guys I have a Acer Aspire 15 E5-575G-55GU and I really need your help and I don't want my other 8gb ram stick to go to waste. So here's the issue. When I installed my two 8gb SODIMM ddr4 rams on my laptop, my laptop turns one but it's just all black. No logos just blinking orange light. I did some tests. I figured that maybe one of the rams are faulty or maybe my ram slots are broken.

Test 1: slot 1: Transcend 8gb Ram#1, Slot 2: Transcend 8gb ram#2. Result: Laptop won't boot. Orange light blinking.

Test 2: Slot 1: original 4gb ram, Slot 2: Transcend 8gb ram#2. Works fine. It boots, not problems

Test 3: Slot 1: empty, Slot 2: Transcend 8gb ram #2. Works fine.

Test 4: slot 1: empty, slot 2: transcend 8gb ram #1. Works fine

Test 5: Slot 1: Transcend 8gb ram #1 slot 2: empty. Works fine.

Test 6: Slot 1: Transcend 8gb ram#1, Slot 2: Transcend 8gb ram #2. Still doesn't work. Nothing happens except for orange blinking light.

I check if maybe it's because my laptop can't handle the ram or maybe my ram capacity is only 12gb. I search my laptop's complete model and it's capacity is 32gb. I can't find any similar issue to mine. I hope you guys can help me. I found about CMOS reset but how can I reset? CMOS battery is not near the ram. It's inside the laptop and I have no experience in opening a laptop until now because I want to upgrade my ram. Thanks in advance

Solution
I just bought them yesterday on the same store. 2 exact same 8gb ram
Were they in the same package? Or separate?

Even if they're the same model, if you've bought them separately(2 different packages and not as a single 2x8 GB kit) they're not guaranteed to work together... you're basically taking a risk that they might not work. If that's the case, that is most likely the source of their compatibility issues.
I just bought them yesterday on the same store. 2 exact same 8gb ram

Even if they're the same model, if you've bought them separately(2 different packages and not as a single 2x8 GB kit) they're not guaranteed to work together... you're basically taking a risk that they might not work. If that's the case, that is most likely the source of their compatibility issues.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 30, 2020

Even if they're the same model, if you've bought them separately(2 different packages and not as a single 2x8 GB kit) they're not guaranteed to work together... you're basically taking a risk tha they might not work. If that's the case, that is most likely the source of their compatibility issues.

Thank you for responding to my thread. It's morning here in the Philippines and I just woke up. Before I sleep last night I fully charged my laptop. This morning I reinstalled both 2 8gb ram and it worked. I forgot to mention that I did a battery reset. I used the pin hole. I found that maybe it's because of the battery reset and that you have to fully charge the laptop to make it boot. I didn't think that was the case since it booted when I changed the rams, but last night I fully charged because it is my last hope. And it did work!🥺 TYSM