Question Why does my 4k monitor feel like it has a very high diplay lag?

Aug 18, 2019
Hi!

So currently I am using an AOC U2777PQU 4k IPS Monitor as my primary monitor. The monitor does output quite some nice images and shows it's qualities here and there, however, there is one major annoyance that I am experiencing with this product. When I am using this monitor for regular use, I'm getting the feeling that there is a slight delay between my real-life actions and the output on the screen. This is really noticeable while typing and moving the mouse around. Therefore, playing games is also really difficult.
This monitor is connected via an HDMI 2.0 cable from monitor to my laptop. I am using a Logitech G502 and Redragon K556 gaming keyboard, which are connected to my laptop. I've tried different HDMI cables and also different products(two other desktop PC's, another laptop, PS4) that are able to connect with peripherals. Plus, I am in possession of two other monitors (1 TN Panel and 1 4k IPS Ultra-Wide non-gaming panel). The other two monitors feel normal and are working well. Plus, I've tested it with a TV on non-gaming mode and even then it feels less delayed than this monitor. There are no "extra" or "enhancing" features activated on my AOC U2777PQU. What can be the cause of this laggy experience? I haven't tried the Displayport on the monitor with a PC yet. I should say that this monitor wasn't intended for gaming, but rather for productivity.

Laptop specifications:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ
16 GB DDR4
Nvidia GTX 965M 4 GB
256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD
3x USB, 1 HDMI 2.0,

Thank you in advance!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS