[SOLVED] Why does my 7600k needs more than enough Voltage to run on a specific GHz?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

In every single thread I saw on some bunch of forums, people are able to run their 7600k on really lower Voltages. Whenever I try the same voltages on my same model CPU, I can never get it work properly. Every time that I copy their values, I face with blue screens or similar issues. Is this also about silicone lottery or something different?

Fround this table: https://images.anandtech.com/doci/10969/7600K OC.png I could never run my CPU on those "Voltages & GHz".

I don't mention the other threads that I saw and copied their values. In short, I want to know if the problem is my, my components, silicone lottery or something else.

CPU: 7600k
Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming M3

Thank you.

Solution
Because OC of any sort is not a simple copy/paste of someone else's numbers. They'll only say half of what's actually changed. They'll forget to mention that they changed LLC to 3 or current use to 120% or disabled c-states or phase control etc. And so when you copy what they have stated, your OC isn't balanced nor stable.

Also consider your cpu isn't exactly the same as theirs, even if it is the same model. Cpus are like fingerprints, every single one is unique. They may be almost identical, but that difference is often enough that while they are 1.08v stable at 4.3GHz, your cpu may need 1.114v at 4.3GHz to be stable and because of power supply differences they may only need level 4 LLC while your bios is differently coded and you...
D

Deleted member 2841972

Just checked my BIOS settings:
4.7GHz - 1.285v stable
4.8 GHz - 1.315v not really stable, needs more voltage
4.9 - 1.355v felt stable but was too hot and was throttling

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Where did that link originate from?
Is that a newer revision of the 7600K? What did they do to test Vcore stability?

If this(https://siliconlottery.com/pages/statistics) is anything to go by:
Kaby LakeAll Core SSE FrequencyAll Core AVX2 FrequencyBIOS Vcore% Capable
7600K4.80GHz4.60GHz1.400V100%
7600K4.90GHz4.70GHz1.412VTop 89%
7600K5.00GHz4.80GHz1.425VTop 74%
7600K5.10GHz4.90GHz1.437VTop 56%
7600K5.20GHz5.00GHz1.450VTop 30%
7600K5.30GHz5.10GHz1.450VTop 5%
This may not cover newer revisions of the cpu, which can likely get away with lower voltages.
In your case, you're likely not using enough voltage.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Because OC of any sort is not a simple copy/paste of someone else's numbers. They'll only say half of what's actually changed. They'll forget to mention that they changed LLC to 3 or current use to 120% or disabled c-states or phase control etc. And so when you copy what they have stated, your OC isn't balanced nor stable.

Also consider your cpu isn't exactly the same as theirs, even if it is the same model. Cpus are like fingerprints, every single one is unique. They may be almost identical, but that difference is often enough that while they are 1.08v stable at 4.3GHz, your cpu may need 1.114v at 4.3GHz to be stable and because of power supply differences they may only need level 4 LLC while your bios is differently coded and you need level 2 LLC etc.

Treat those values as a Guide, not as Gospel. Any such information or values etc are what's Possible, not what's Probable.

Also if you look at the table posted by Phaaze88, the top 89% can successfully hit and be stable at 4.9GHz. If your cpu is in the bottom 11%, stability at less than 1.412v might be an issue. But, that's all known and reported/tested cpus, yours is unknown and untested so could be anywhere on that scale and might simply need better cooling or further adjustments to different bios settings or a better motherboard or power supply and be 4.9GHz stable at 1.232v and 70°C under 100% loads.

Being an unknown/untested cpu, with insufficient cooling and obvious lack of OC experience and know-how and research, a simple bump up the Hz, drop the voltage OC isn't a forgone conclusion that's going to leave you satisfied with the results.

You'll need to research How to OC, How to tailor settings, How the whole process works, What expectations and results you should expect, all the little tweaks and twists of what to do and what Not to do etc. Only then will you have a shot at getting better results. But it's OC, so nothing is guaranteed.

Solution