Why does my acer monitor keep having problems?

themadhatta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
So i purchased 3 acer gd235hz monitors a while back for use with my new build and when i finally hooked up my 3rd one on to the wall mount i have, it had all these red lines running vertically across the left half of the screen. They would scamper around from side to side. I sent it in to acer for repairs and they sent it back. Had the red lines again only this time when the monitor was switching inputs or turning on/off. Just got it back after sending it in for the 2nd repair it acted fine. I moved the monitor over to the wall mount again and it now has green stuff all over the right half of the monitor as iff a ton of pixels were busted and just showing up as green only smaller and they flicker a lot.

Im starting to wonder if theres something i could be doing thats causing this or if acer is really that terrible of a company.

Ive been using the same cable the whole time. This cable was working perfectly fine with this monitor for the brief period of time i was using the stand and not the wall mount. I also have used this same cable for other monitors and its never given me a problem. Its the cable that came with the monitor so its not a problem of being single link dvi or what have you.

Could a wall mount damage a monitor like this? Ive used other monitors on the mount with no problems.

What should i do? Im gonna call them again and i hope to god they dont say my warranty or what have you is up considering i bought this back in october i believe. Didnt use it for like 3-4 months since thats how long it took me to get my build done. Was having to save money to get all the parts bit by bit.

- Thanks

themadhatta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Do you guys know if the mentioned problems i have are very serious or minor issues that are common? If the monitor will still work for a few years or more with this problem only occurring every once and a while will it get worse?

Since they have sent this monitor back to me passing their so called tests 2 times since i had the first problem and its still acting like this im trying to weigh out whether i should send it to them again with the huge hassle it is, or just keep it and hope the problem doesnt occur too much.

1st time i had it problem was always happening, when i got it back it would only do it whenever i was turning the monitor on/oh or it went to the stand by/idle black screen. Now it seems fine, but when i first got it back their were green pixels all over the right side instead of red ones. When it was at the black stand by screen with the green problem a lot more pixels would light up green.

I will be using this daily since i leave this computer on basically all day almost every day. I will also be using it for nvidias surround mode gaming, nvidias 3d surround mode for gaming, and gaming in general whether it be multitasking or running another game on that screen.

What should i do?

themadhatta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Can anyone else give me their opinion? The monitor hasnt been acting up lately, i just dont wanna have it die before the other 2 identical monitors. Id gladly send it in but its a huge hassle and if its just gonna get sent back to me again like this it will be even more time wasted.

Does anyone think that the company is not at fault for this, like user error, or the wall mount im using? It was working fine when i first got it back, the second i put it back up on the wall mount it started acting up again.