Question Why does my AMD system keep crashing?

Feb 16, 2019
Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what's wrong with my system.

I have an FX-6300 that will never go above 51 degrees Celsius. Whenever it is under load, all 6 cores will go above 90% usage, however the temperature will never go above 50 degrees which causes significant performance issues. I have a M5a97 LE mobo and a 600 W PSU. The CPU cannot handle even the smallest overclock without crashing and I have previously had to replace the stock fan because it broke and stopped spinning.

I have tried resetting my BIOS and reinstalling windows, neither of which helped. Also, my computer crashes every 20 minutes when I'm gaming. When it crashes, my system stays on but my monitor input crashes and I can still hear an audio loop of the past second before it crashes.

If anyone knows anything it would help a lot. Thanks so much guys!

Feb 16, 2019
There's no heatsinks on the VRM , never OC on it.

Whoops, it's the M5A97 R2.0 (not the LE version). I believe it does have VRM.

Would you have any guess about CPU heating issues that would cause it to crash after 20 minutes of light gaming despite a peak temperature of 51 degrees? Also this CPU cannot handle more than 5 seconds of a stress test without crashing.

Thanks for the quick response!