Question Why does my computer crashes all the time?

Aug 25, 2021
Hello! It's been some stressing months lately. Since I've bought this new GPU I've been getting crashes every day, and I've been dealing with this almost a year now, and I hope someone here can help me... really.

First of all, I just wanna let you all know that I am planning to buy a better CPU (FX 8370E), in hope that it'll fix my problems. My research led me to think the CPU is with a malfunction, so therefore, I'm buying a new one in a week or two.

To start... this started happening when I switched my GT 1030 to a RX 560 4GB. Every time I used to open a game and played it for about 10 minutes or something it would just freeze– completely! The buzzing sound would play forever until I had to restart the computer by myself.

It was like this for months, until it gotten different. The freezing became weirder, it had some flashing green screens before it totally went black (The computer was still on, just with a black screen, also leading me to restart it) and then it also started to turn off randomly.
I also uninstalled all memory drivers with DDU, then installed them again; made a RAM test; formatted the computer multiple times.

So... three things happening, random freezing with buzzing sound, some green flashing screens also with buzzing sounds then going to a black screen and also the randoms shutting offs.

The things also started to happen even if I'm not even playing. Just browing on youtube or using discord, nothing too extreme. But it only turns off when I'm playing games, if not, only the crashing with the green screen.

Here are my specs! I hope someone can help me with the information I provided. Thank you. :)

Mobo: M5A78L-M LX/BR
PSU: Leadership Gamer 700W (Yes, I do know it's not exactly 700W, I didn't know at the time I bought it, though... the technician who sold me it told me it was very good for gaming, and at the time, my current PSU had burned out, so I had no option.)
GPU: RX 560 4GB
CPU: FX 6300
Memory: Two memory sockets of 4GB
120 GB SSD
500 GB HD

Aug 25, 2021
Does the RX560 have a power cable going to it? If not, likely a motherboard power delivery issue.

Try setting a power limit on the card using MSI Afterburner to see if that helps.
Uh, yeah! It does, I think... It's that one cable that powers a blue light, right? If yes, it does have one cable that goes directly into the PSU.

Joseph57

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
From a few reviews I read about that Leadership power supply....not very good. Seeing as you already tried new drivers after removing any previous drivers, I think you best option would be to try a new power supply.... preferably a popular name brand power supply with either bronze or higher rating.

As a matter of fact.... I can't find anything that anybody states as positive about that power supply!
https://www.clubedohardware.com.br/topic/407346-fonte-leadership-gamer-de-700-watts/

Aug 25, 2021
Not powering the blue light, but the GPU itself. Presumably an XFX GPU. In that case, I can assume you do have one and it makes my comment about the slot power less likely.
So, I did what you said about setting a limit on MSI, and... It's working so far? I also set the fan to 100% all the time and what seemed like a overheating problem it got fixed... It's in a stable 40°C all time when gaming.
Thank you. :)

Aug 25, 2021
Not powering the blue light, but the GPU itself. Presumably an XFX GPU. In that case, I can assume you do have one and it makes my comment about the slot power less likely.
Hhhhh, so-- I hate to a burden but like... After my new PSU arrived (A Corsair 450, definetely better than my last one) it seemed to not have helped at all... The issue is... What you told me to do worked— for three days or something, then it started happening again. I was just waiting for my new PSU to arrive and when it did-- nothing happened. At all.

The point is... I think it has to do with my GPU itself. What's your opinion? Do you think it's a hardware issue? Or is there something else I can do?
I'm really desperate. :(

Leadership Gamer 700W
It's garbage. Voltage switch, low quality, lack of protections and it's not even a 500w PSU bacause of 39A at 12v.
D_NQ_NP_722123-MLB43022316589_082020-O.jpg

Corsair 450
VS, CV, CX, CXM?
M5A78L-M LX/BR
Although the CPU is on the compatibility list the motherboard don't like it because of the poor VRM.

You never thought about a failing motherboard?

Aug 25, 2021
It's garbage. Voltage switch, low quality, lack of protections and it's not even a 500w PSU bacause of 39A at 12v.
D_NQ_NP_722123-MLB43022316589_082020-O.jpg

VS, CV, CX, CXM?

Although the CPU is on the compatibility list the motherboard don't like it because of the poor VRM.

You never thought about a failing motherboard?
Yes, I did. But I didn't really gues it could be that since the Mobo is only 1 year old. And-- when I switched my GPUs, it started happening. I had a GT 1030 before, then I bought a RX 560. I don't know, maybe it's really the Mobo?

Do you have any recommendations?