Question Why does my computer crashes when I enable the xmp settings on my RAM?

May 13, 2020
When I enable the XMP setting in the BIOS my computer crashes soon after it reboots. After the computer boots into windows, the hard drive makes more noise. When I try loading any game/program my pc crashes and gives the error message 'SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION'. My ram runs at 2133 but is advertised as 3200MHz whenever I use the XMP to get 3200 my pc crashes. The RAM is in the right slots on the motherboard. The ram is also on the supported list with the motherboard

i7 8700k
MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS
g.skill trident z 16Gb (2x8) 3200MHz
ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING

When I enable the XMP setting in the BIOS my computer crashes soon after it reboots. After the computer boots into windows, the hard drive makes more noise. When I try loading any game/program my pc crashes and gives the error message 'SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION'. My ram runs at 2133 but is advertised as 3200MHz whenever I use the XMP to get 3200 my pc crashes. The RAM is in the right slots on the motherboard. The ram is also on the supported list with the motherboard

i7 8700k
MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS
g.skill trident z 16Gb (2x8) 3200MHz
ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING
Check your MB manual, RAM sticks should be in 2nd and 4th slots counting CPU side.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z370-GAMING-PLUS#down-manual