[SOLVED] Why does my computer freeze 5 seconds after attempting to install Windows 10

Sep 15, 2019
I've just built my new computer and when I attempt to boot it I can get to bios and configure settings there it works fine but when I try to install Windows 10 via USB stick it freezes with my motherboards logo and dots below it that were previously spinning now stop. As an additional note I've also attempted to install via a disc and it doesn't work, it has the same issue. Also when my my computer freezes the CPU fan intensifies for a moment

Solution
Install windows on a separated pc, Then add the hard drive to it and boot.
Sometimes you may just have to attach hard drive with windows installed already

thats a bad idea, it sets windows up with the drivers for the other hardware it was installed on. Swapping drives doesn't always work.

BIOS update could help.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the freeze. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Sep 15, 2019
Z390 aorus pro wifi mobo
8x4 vengeance lpx ddr4 memory
Intel core i7-9700K CPU
Msi Radeon rx 580
Seagate baracuda ST2000DM008-2F 2tb
CORSAIR TX-M Series TX650M CP-9020132-NA 650W ATX12V v2.4

Aug 28, 2019
I've tried using a DVD that I know has worked in the past and it bears the same results as the USB that was freshly downloaded off of the microsoft website

Sep 15, 2019
I did this and nothing has changed it still freezes at the same point, I can tell it installed Windows because it refers to my hard drive as, "windows boot manager (ST2000DM008-2FR102)"

Aug 28, 2019
I did this and nothing has changed it still freezes at the same point, I can tell it installed Windows because it refers to my hard drive as, "windows boot manager (ST2000DM008-2FR102)"

Try the BIOS update

But you might want to try it as a first step unplugging my hard drive, booting up without it, and then turning off and plugging it back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just unplugged it and hold down the power button to discharge built up static
Power resetting your PC can clear all the information in the memory, but this won't damage the disk data. This method could help fix certain corruption issues on the computer.
Therefore, power resetting your Windows might fix the getting Windows ready stuck issue.
Step 1: Turn off your PC by pressing the power button.
Step 2: Disconnect all peripheral devices including USB flash drives, external hard drives, earphones, etc. Also, unplug the power cable or adapter from your PC.
Step 3: If you are using a laptop and the battery is detachable, remove the battery from the battery compartment.
Step 4: Press and hold the Power button on your computer for about 30 seconds to drain all the remnant charge from the capacitors.
Step 5: Connect the power cable back to the PC or insert the battery into your laptop. However, don not re-plug any of the USB devices.
Step 6: Press the Power button to boot your PC. You can now check whether the Windows 10 stuck in loop getting Windows ready issue is solved.

or How to Reset PC BIOS/CMOS

Colif

Win 11 Master

thats a bad idea, it sets windows up with the drivers for the other hardware it was installed on. Swapping drives doesn't always work.

BIOS update could help.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the freeze. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Solution