Question Why does my computer keep freezing, then makes a buzzing sound, then restarts?

RoganM.

Commendable
Nov 19, 2019
So, I didn't know where to post this, so I just put it here. So my computer keeps freezing then it makes a buzzing noise through my headphones/speakers. Then, it restarts my computer. This seems to keep happening. I did just replace my CPU with a newer one. I was using an Amd Ryzen 3 1300x, now i'm using an Amd Ryzen 7 2700x. My psu is 550W. My motherboard is a gigabyte ab350-d3sh. And I have a Solid State and a Hard Drive. Also 32GB ram. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

You may discover some error codes, warnings, and even information events that occur just before or at the time of the freezes.

Another way that may reveal the source problem is to use Task Manager or Resource Monitor while working /gaming as usual.

Just open Task Manager or Resource Monitor (use only one at time) and drag its' window to one side so you can watch.

That all said - what is the make and model of the 550 Watt PSU? Age, condition?

InvalidError

Titan
Your computer crashed, could be anything from overheating and defective hardware to corrupted drivers or OS. If you have never ran memtest86 or similar on it, wouldn't hurt to run that for 10+ hours to see if you may have some relatively obvious RAM-related issues.

RoganM.

Commendable
Nov 19, 2019
The PSU is EVGA. I have a msi 1060 6gb graphics card. It isn't overheating, because I kept my eye on a software which tells the temperature of each part.